We all love the look of a classic tile roof. Spanish, clay, or concrete tiles give a residential building an authentic, rustic appearance – but there’s much more to roof tiles than just the way they look! Tile can be a great roofing material for blocking out the cold, wind, and rain, while holding warm or cool air inside your home. With proper home maintenance and timely professional repairs, your tile roof can last for up to a century without needing replacement. Want to learn more about the best way to care for your roof tiles in Salem, OR? This guide will tell you all about DIY roof maintenance, how to prevent leaking roof tiles, and when you should get the help of a local tile roofing specialist.
Tips for tile roof maintenance in Salem
Depending on the type, tile can be one of the more expensive roofing materials to repair – that’s why the key to great tile roof maintenance is to stop damage before it even starts. Here are a few easy tips to help you put off tile roof leak repair:
1. Regular inspections. One of the best ways to prevent bad roof damage is to catch minor issues as soon as they occur by regularly inspecting and assessing your roof. Every month or so, you should grab a pair of binoculars and look over your roof tiles from the ground. Keep an eye out for: cracked tile, extensive moss or algae growth, slipping roof tiles, valley damage, or any other issue that could get worse if left untreated.
As soon as you notice minor damage, call a local specialist who can replace or fix broken roof tile. A single roof tile replacement is always worth it compared to the headache of more extensive damage later down the road.
2. Clean tiles. Cleaning branches, leaves, and other debris off your roof tiles can go a long way to keep them intact. After every big wind or rainstorm, use a brush or hose to clear the debris off your roof. That way, you can prevent the spread of harmful moss and avoid putting any unnecessary stress on the tiles.
3. Trim overhanging branches. Of course, the easiest way to stop debris from falling onto your roof in the first place is to keep any overhanging branches on your property trimmed down. Fallen branches can lead to cracked roof tiles and eventually leaks. They can also contribute to the spread of pests, or scrape up against and dislodge tiles in windy weather. Not sure if the trees on your property could be a risk to your tile roof? Give a Salem Tile Roof Repair specialist a call for an inspection and consultation.
When to call in the pros
So when should you start searching for tile roof repairs in Salem? Here are a few signs of damage every homeowner should be watching for. Don’t put off investing in professional services – fixing broken roof tiles is a quick, affordable solution with a Salem, OR Tile Roof Repair contractor.
1. Slipping or cracked tile. As roof tile ages, it can become brittle and eventually crack, or start to slip out of place. You don’t need to have your whole roof replaced at one time – just have a clay or concrete tile repair specialist swap out those defective shingles to keep your roof leak-free.
2. Damage to roof’s underlay. When moisture and debris gets through broken roof tiles, it can damage your roof’s underlay and eventually lead to leaks. Have a professional reinforce those vulnerable parts of the roof.
3. Moss growth. Especially when it comes to clay tile roof repair, or Spanish tile roof repair, moss can be a huge pain. It doesn’t just look bad – it can eat away at tiles over time and result in cracks or weak spots. Talk to a Salem roof repair specialist about the best way to prevent moss growth on your roof. 4. Roof sag and leaks. Low points on your roof? Noticed excessive leaks in the wintertime? You might need a tile roof restoration. With a full restoration from a certified Salem, OR roofing professional, your roof will look and function like new.
How much will my cracked tile roof repair cost?
Whether it’s a single cracked tile, leaks, or larger storm damage, the total cost of your roof repairs can vary from home to home. The only way to ensure you’re getting the best price is to work with a reliable local company. The best tile roofers in Salem, OR will always give you an upfront cost and never hike up unnecessary charges on their final bill. Want to get a specific estimate on your roof repair costs? You can call Salem Tile Roof Repair any time and ask for a free quote.
How can I find the best tile roofers near me?
If you’re looking for affordable tile roof repairs from an honest and reliable local company, Salem Tile Roof Repair has everything you need. Our contractors are always available to tackle any roof repair job, from the minor fixes to a full roof restoration. Ready to learn more? Don’t hesitate to call and get a free quote on our tile roofing services.